Monday, October 29: Acts 26 - Power of the testimony (Part 2).

Last week we watched and listened as Paul stood before a Roman commander, his soldiers and a crowd, and used his Damascus Road testimony as his defense. In doing so he shared faith in Jesus with all the listeners. Today before King Agrippa, his entourage and all people in the court, Paul uses the same approach.

Was he defending himself or using the opportunity as a platform to offer Jesus to the hearers? I don’t think the answer is clear-cut. It seems to me Paul was knowingly doing both. Agrippa certainly heard Paul’s call to faith in Jesus. Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?" (28). 

Such is the power of a thoughtful testimony…

Last Wednesday, writing on Acts 22,  I wrote: Can you state your testimony concisely and at a moments notice if the opportunity presents itself? I encourage you to work on telling your testimony in 100-400 words, 1-3 minutes… Think about it.

I wondered if you actually gave your testimony some thought last week. Now you have a second chance…

God’s Word to me… our testimony is a powerful tool.  Learn to use it.

Lord Jesus, may I learn from Paul … to use the powerful tool of testimony. In and for Jesus, I pray and live. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment