Monday, March 19: Romans 2- Ominous Words.

 

Paul begins this chapter with the words, You, therefore, have no excuse… ominous words!

None of us have any excuse when we stand before God. None of us can say, 'I didn't know' or 'I did my best' or 'the devil made me do it'. We have no excuse… as Paul goes on to say, All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law (12). And if it isn't clear already Paul will say in Romans 3:23 that all have sinned…  Since we have sinned we are guilty and we are without excuse.

I shudder at the thought of standing before the Lord and being pronounced guilty! Thankfully Jesus came and took the guilt and shame and punishment of everyone who puts their faith and trust in Him. There is no other way to find peace with God because we all are without excuse…

Have you put your trust in Jesus?...

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for saving me. I bow to You, my Lord and my God. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment