Monday, March 26: Romans 8- Safe, secure, warm, comfortable and at peace .

For me, Romans 8 is one of the great chapters of the Bible. I could spend a lifetime in this chapter and never mine all its wonder and truth.

First, I am simply sitting as the entirety of the chapter continues to wash over me. It opens with no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus, the Lord, and it concludes with nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus, the Lord. What a faith-encouraging journey!

The source of all good things is Jesus! From beginning to end it is Jesus! It is all about Jesus! And if we have Christ then we have the Spirit (8). And the Spirit is God within constantly interceding for us and reminding us of our adoption. Through the Spirit we cry to God, the Father, as Abba… Daddy (15).

On a recent vacation I soaked in a natural hot spring. Depending upon my proximity to the source I could choose water from 85 to 100+. I bobbed for over an hour, my body relaxing and being refreshed by the warmth of the water. At one point, supported by a couple of pool noodles, I actually fell asleep as I floated in luxury, safe, secure, warm, comfortable and at peace. This is how I feel reading this chapter… safe, secure, warm, comfortable and at peace in the care and protection of Jesus.

Thank You, God, for Jesus. My Rock and Protector. My Savior and Lord. His love protects me. The Spirit in me, because of faith in Jesus, leads and guides me. Today I am basking in God, in Jesus, in the Spirit.

Thank You, God. Thank You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment