Tuesday, March 13: 2Chronicles 33- A prodigal comes home.

 

Manasseh is a bad dude and uber-unfaithful king of Judah. In 2Kings 21 his reign is painted as one of the worst of Judah's kings.

As I was reading today I was going to write about verse 10, The LORD spoke to Manasseh and his people, but they paid no attention and how Manasseh wouldn't listen to the Lord. But then the Lord brought an army against Manasseh. In his distress he sought the favor of the LORD his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his ancestors. And when he prayed to him, the LORD was moved by his entreaty and listened to his plea; so he brought him back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the LORD is God. Afterward he rebuilt the outer wall of the City of David, west of the Gihon spring in the valley, as far as the entrance of the Fish Gate and encircling the hill of Ophel; he also made it much higher. He stationed military commanders in all the fortified cities in Judah (12-14). This account of Manasseh's repentance is not told in 2Kings.

What a tremendous story it is because it offers hope for every wayward son, daughter, father or mother. No matter how far from the Lord one may stray, God is standing there waiting with arms open wider for you to turn for home. Manasseh is the poster child for Jesus' prodigal son (Luke 11) parable.

I sat and thought of all the prodigals I know, men and women who have walked away from Christ and their faith. And I began to pray for them, that they would turn for home and discover the embrace of the Lord!

Oh, God, bring Your prodigals home, please. Send whatever is necessary to draw them back to You. And if I can be a witness to them, a link in the chain pulling them back to You place me there. I pray this for the spiritual sake of every prodigal I know and I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment