Tuesday, March 6: 2Chronicles 27- .

After reading about the last few kings who started off well with the Lord but didn’t end well, it was refreshing to read about Jotham. I wish there was more info about him. I would love to know how he lived out his faithfulness.

One verse summed up his life for me, verse 6: Jotham grew powerful because he walked steadfastly before the LORD his God.

The word ‘because’ was telling for me.

People can grow powerful through many avenues. Some use political savvy. Others amass wealth and that is their ticket to power. Some have a particular skill. Jotham kept his eyes on the Lord and because of this God increased his power.

In our world of “I did it my way…” I found Jotham refreshing. As the text says, he walked steadfastly before the LORD his God.

What would/should that look like for me? Ahh, the Lord has a way of looking deeply into my life. As I sit, here are some thoughts that come to mind…

Maintaining a devotional life… Bible reading, contemplation and prayer. And keeping this time practical and real, not just Bible facts. Instead it needs to me ‘Bible living’.

Looking at my character… am I growing to act instinctively more and more like Jesus would have me act?

Examine how I treat people… those close to me, like my wife and those I happen upon, like a checkout line person.

Thought life… what goes on in the recesses of my interior life, particularly reactions to people who annoy me. How do I handle that???

Lord, it never ceases to amaze me how You take me places during my time with You. Thank You, Lord, for caring enough to show me places for growth. I am continually blessed to be Your son. Praise be to You, Lord God. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment