Friday, December 7: Zechariah 14- Holy/Wholly to the Lord.

As this chapter about what the Lord will do on ‘that day’ wound down the phrase HOLY TO THE LORD was in scribed on bells and pots (20).

I found myself glued to that phrase.

I found myself thinking, what if that were said of me and of the Church, what differences would be seen in the world. I also wondered what differences would there be if it were written WHOLLY TO THE LORD?

First and most importantly regarding me… Wow, what would it be like if I were HOLY & WHOLLY TO THE LORD? How would this affect my use of time, money, etc. I sat here for quite some time thinking and wondering. I wondered if my life would look more like Francis of Assisi. Then I thought,’ no’, I am married with children, so a monk is not my calling. Honestly, no role models came to mind, so I abandoned the idea of a quick answer.

I kept pondering. Purely selfish expenditures of time and money came to mind. Now here were some changes that likely would happen. Instead, ‘God honoring uses’ would be given to those time/money resources… and so my morning went.

What would it mean in your life if you were HOLY & WHOLLY TO THE LORD? Think about it.

Lord, to love You with heart and mind and soul and strength is Your desire. I fall so far short. Help me, strengthen me, teach me, encourage me… that I might be HOLY & WHOLLY to Yours. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen

 

 

Friends, Malachi, which we begin reading today is the last book of the Old Testament. Chronologically it is the last book as well. After Malachi there were 400 years of silence before God again spoke, this time through the incarnation of Jesus.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment