Tuesday, December 25: Ephesians 5- What Pleases the Lord?.

Merry Christmas!
And find out what pleases the Lord (10). What a great line. I love it. It makes perfect sense. Find out what pleases the Lord and live that way!
So I began thinking.  How do I find out what pleases the Lord?
Well, clearly God’s Word is involved. As I read and study The Word, I will better and better understand the heart beat of God.
Personal prayer, speaking with the Lord will help me know and understand God’s heart beat. I know myself well enough to know that I need to make sure what I believe I am hearing from God is in accordance with His Word. I am a great rationalizer and can fool myself into believing that things I like to do God likes me to do!
Talk with and read what those close to the Lord says pleases Him. This can be very helpful. There is incredible wisdom in the saints who have gone before us. Again, experience has taught me that I must weigh the comments of these other folk against the Word of God. They are not perfect, after all.
Ultimately it comes down to doing those things I know please the Lord. I suspect that most of us who have been Christians for a while know plenty about what pleases the Lord. The key is spending our time doing them…
Well, I have some things I should be doing…
Lord, thank You for this simple gift from Your Word…loving neighbor, living the fruit of the spirit in all interpersonal interactions. These two things which I know please You are enough to keep me going for the rest of my life.  My problem, Lord, is doing them, not so much knowing them. Give me strength to live for You today. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment