Saturday, December 22: Ephesians 3- Proclaiming God's eternal purposes

I have read Ephesians 30-50 times and I am still amazed how rich and powerful each chapter is when I read it again.
Two sentences begged me to meditate upon them this morning. The first is found in verse 6, This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. Through the Gospel, through Jesus, the entire world have become heirs with Israel. Through the Gospel and through Jesus, everyone has access to be part of God’s unique and special family! I sat and pondered that incredible blessing. Through Jesus and faith in Jesus, God has opened the doorway for everyone to know Him. I am so blessed, you are so blessed. But I heard a faint charge as well in these verses. Blessed as we are, we are the doorway for those who have not yet heard to hear and enter this awesome relationship with God the Father! There remains much work to be done telling the world and all peoples about Jesus. And so I pondered what God would have me do to tell the world about Him.
The second sentence comprises verses 10 and 11. His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, according to his eternal purpose which he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. I was awe struck. After pondering how to tell all nations about Jesus, I read that through us, God is also showing heavenly rulers and authorities His eternal power! God is using us –the Church- to proclaim His eternal purposes to Satan and His minions! WOW! Every person saved from Satan’s hand, every people group with a living church is a declaration of God’s eternal purpose which he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord! Halleluiah!
Lord, may my life lived well, result in choruses of praise to You. To You, Oh God, be the honor and the glory forever and ever. Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment