Thursday, December 20: Ephesians 1- The glow of God's truth.

I find myself sitting and basking in the wonder and glow of this chapter. After the formal opening, it begins declaring that we have been chose by God to be holy and blameless and that before the creations of the world. Is this amazing or what?! Christ-followers were in God’s eye before He created a molecule. I really can’t grasp that. I just sit with it, letting it wash over me like a warm shower.

And after Paul expands upon all that comes with being chosen, and it is a fantastic journey through verses 3-14, Paul shifts to thanksgiving and prayer, during which the position and power of Jesus is lauded.

What a journey with the Lord, my Lord, the One who chose and saved me this day.

Oh, Lord God, I am close to speechless that You chose me! You guarantee my inheritance!

I pray that Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians is effective in my life.  That I may know You better and more fully and that the eyes of my heart may be opened to You more and more each and every day until I am called to be with You in glory forever. I pray this in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment