Friday, December 21: Ephesians 2- By grace you have been saved.

Twice those words are repeated, by grace you have been saved… I found myself sitting with those words.
First I personalized them, By grace I have been saved. God did it all for me… God saved me, none of my saving was my doing. God did it all. God reached down into the slimy pit of hell and snatched me up and out! Me! God did this for me. (I remembered from yesterday that I was chosen for this honor before the creation of the world! Wow!!) I can’t even begin to understand why me… but I will rejoice in God’s gift to me,
Next I pondered the word ‘grace’…unmerited favor, getting what we/I do not deserve. The criminal receiving a pardon, the student caught cheating a passing grade, Ebenezer Scrooge’s visits from the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future. Grace, getting what we do not deserve.
Finally we/I have been given grace. We have already received it. This is not a future hope.  It is a present reality, which brings with it a future hope the promise of eternity with God forever once our time this side of the grave is over!
What a wonderful morning with my Lord…
My heart sings Your praise, Oh Lord; Father Son and Spirit. My soul rejoices in You, God, my Savior. You redeemed me from the pit and set me on solid ground. You transformed my eternity to one that is filled with hope and promise and Your presence. You have set me to be a light on a hill shining so all may see You.
Praise to You Lord, the Author of Salvation and the Savior of my life. Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment