Monday, December 10: Malachi 2- God's hammer.

Boom, the hammer of God comes down.

Priests, you are no longer faithful. You do not teach God’s Truth. Not only are you in error, but you are leading others into error. Boom!

Judah, you have broken faith. You have left the wife of your youth, divorced and pursued others. Boom!

Judgment is coming because you have perverted God’s Truth, saying evil in the eyes of the Lord is good. Boom!

I sit under the weight of this morning’s readings. God expects faithfulness to what He has said and written. It is not for us to re-write what God has spoken. It is ours to receive and live what God has spoken.

It is not for God’s teachers to explain away what the text says, but to teach it.

How sad our world must make God. Ancient understandings of the text are being discarded without Biblical reason or foundation. Personal faithfulness is being replaced by ‘do what you feel is right,’ even when there is no Biblical warrant for what you feel.

Oh Father, it is far too easy to point fingers at others than to listen and apply this to myself. I am a teacher. Lord, show me my places of error and misinterpretation, so that I may follow Your Wword!

Oh Father, it is far too easy to point fingers at others than to listen and apply this to myself. Show me, O Lord, where I disregard Your teachings on sexual ethic or other arenas of faith, that I may set my believing aright and live as You would have me live.

Oh Father, it is far too easy to point fingers at others than to listen and apply this to myself. Show me where I pervert Your truth and twist it so that my thinking is opposed to Yours.

Correct me, Oh Father, that I might live a life that pleases You, even if it does not please other people in my world. In and through Jesus, I pray. Amen. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment