Thursday, December 6: Zechariah 13- In the lap of the Lord.

Zechariah has many prophecies that connect to Jesus… strike the shepherd and the sheep will be scattered (7) is mentioned in connection with Jesus’ arrest in the garden.

It is wonderful to be connected to Jesus as I read The Word. Verse 7 brought me to Jesus, a wonderful place to hold my devotions.

Now connected with Jesus, verse 9 spoke to me. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.'

Calling on the Lord, that is what I am doing as I sit with God’s Word… And God answers me, God sits with me. God calls me His own and reminds me that He is the Lord and He is my Lord. Oh, the wonder of sitting in the lap of my Lord God Almighty.

And this is where I spend my time this morning… in the lap, in the embrace, in the presence of the Lord!

Thank You and Bless You… Lord God Almighty, for who You are and for the all the time You incline Your ear to me… I am so blessed.

Lord,  fill me with Your Holy Spirit that I might shout from the mountain tops, ‘The Lord Reigns!’  Blessed be the name of the Lord. Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment