Wednesday, December 19: Galatians 6- Doing good.

Yesterday I read about being free to love and serve… that message is still resonating in me. I have been saved for a purpose to touch lives for good and God, to love and serve and thereby tell God’s story and proclaim His Gospel.

Paul looks at a similar theme from a different angle in today’s chapter. If someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. … A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good…. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. (1, 7-10)

From the selfish side, when we do good, we are sowing from the Spirit and therefore will reap from the Spirit, eternal life. I like that. I want that.

From the duty side, do so much good that we become weary doing good to everyone, sinner and saved, fellow Christ-follower and people of a different religious persuasion.

Doing good… I wonder how much good I can do today?

Lord, help me be a ‘do-gooder’ all my life long for Your Name Sake. I pray in Your Name, Jesus. Amen.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment