Saturday, December 15: Galatians 3- So much here.

Chapter 3 is one of those chapters where every paragraph and many sentences are a meal. There is so much here. Here are a few verses that jumped out at me.

Verse 2: I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard?

Verse 8: The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: "All nations will be blessed through you."

Verse 11: Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith."

Verse 28: There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

For certain I could have chosen other verses as well. There is so much here.

I kept rereading those 4 verses…

From verse 2: obviously the receiving of the Spirit was not a theological statement. The Spirit provided a presence and a power that was noticeable. I pondered how the giving of the Holy Spirit has become an ‘add-on’ to the faith in our day… Do you have any thoughts?

From verse 8: I realized how often God’s global and all-encompassing plan for salvation has been from the very beginning. The great commission is not new; it is an obvious statement built upon God’s entire plan from the beginning.

From verse 11: it is all about faith in Jesus, not laws, not duty, not rituals! FAITH in Jesus!

From verse 28: human distinctions of gender, societal position and nationality/ethnicity have no place in the church. All are one in Christ!

These are some of the ‘meals’ I enjoyed as I sat with God and His Word this morning.

Lord God, thank You for the banquet You provide day after day. I bless Your name and am thankful that I have been invited to dine at Your table. Such is the gift of faith in Jesus. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment