Friday, April 13: Job 2- Questions and trust again.

Well, the torment of Job increases to personal pain, sores from the soles of his feet to the top of his head. Uugh, what a picture, scraping his sores with a broken piece of pottery was his only relief!!de`

The same questions I wrestled with yesterday surfaced again today… verse 3 includes the gamut of questions I wrestled with in chapter 1. Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason." God was incited by Satan??? Another huge question.

However, the place I paused to meditate upon was Job's exchange with his wife in verses 9-10. His wife said to him, "Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!" He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

Job simply would not curse God. He would not speak against his Lord and Maker. More than that, the faith he displayed in remarkable. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

I am reduced to prayer by Job's words and actions. To have such utter faith is my hope and desire.

By any account I have lived a blessed life. Oh, I have faced trials, everyone does. However, the extent of my trials seems insignificant compared to Job. To watch this man of faith remain faithful in the face of tremendous loss and pain and hardship and devastation is so encouraging. If Job can do it… we all can do it. More personally, I can do it. NO matter the testing and trials God allows to come my way… I pray for the faith of Job. To stand strong in God –Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit –is my desire.

Oh, Lord, I do not know what Your will will allow. No matter, I surrender to it. To be Yours is my delight. And I pray that in all things I will live in a way that honors You and that You receive all honor and glory through my life and through Your church. I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment