Thursday, May 10: Job 25- So true.

In this brief chapter Bildad speaks words that shoot straight to my heart.

"Dominion and awe belong to God; he establishes order in the heights of heaven. Can his forces be numbered? On whom does his light not rise? How then can a mortal be righteous before God? How can one born of woman be pure? If even the moon is not bright and the stars are not pure in his eyes, how much less a mortal, who is but a maggot— a human being, who is only a worm!" (2-6)

Yes, yes, yes… my heart sighed. Truth. The Lord God is above all. He alone is sovereign and pure. No matter how 'good' I might be I can and never will be perfect and absolutely pure.

I understand the imagery of humans as worms and maggots in Bildad's words, however, humanity is the crowning glory of God's creation and the one creature with whom God can and does have a familial relationship. Humanity is created in God's image.

I sat and pondered the greatness of the Lord… the wonders of creations, His creation. I scanned the history of God's revelation to humanity as I remembered the flow and breath of God's Word from Genesis through Revelation. I toured with my mind's eye God's amazing gift of salvation in Christ Jesus.

God, Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, is good and mighty and sovereign and majestic and all-wise and just, merciful, grace-filled.  And above all God is love.

I delighted in God and in my relationship with God as Father through faith in Jesus Christ, my Lord. I sat still realizing God is with me in the person of the Holy Spirit.

'Amazed', 'loved', 'delighted' are words that fill me as I contemplate the greatness and wonder of the Lord God Almighty.

Bless the Lord, Oh my soul and all that is within me bless His Holy name. Amen

 

PS: Holy, one more aspect of who God is I neglected to name above… and there are so many more.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment