Thursday, May 3: Job 19- My redeemer lives.

In verse 11, His anger burns against me; he counts me among his enemies (11) Job declares that God burns against him… his evidence the pain and trouble he is in. This seems to wreak of the same theology of Job's friends, that life's circumstances indicate God's pleasure or lack there of.  This caused me to realize that Job's understanding of God is a mixed bag, part is accurate and part not. Job is human! We all see through a glass dimly (1Corinthinas 13:15). Still Job clings to faith in God.

This discourse includes one of Job's most famous lines. I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me! (25-27)

I know that my redeemer lives… I cannot read those words without hearing the song My Redeemer Lives by Reuben Morgan.

He lifts my burdens. I'll rise with Him. I'm dancing on the mountain tops to see his kingdom come. My Redeemer lives. My Redeemer lives…

Halleluiah, my Redeemer lives. Even though I do not have perfect understanding, the understanding I have, by God's grace and the ministry of the Holy Spirit within, is enough for me to hold on and keep the faith, no matter my circumstances. 

I will sing with Job and Reuben…

My Redeemer live… my Redeemer lives.

Oh, God, I am so blessed that You my Redeemer lives… Through Jesus I pray. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment