Friday, May 11: Job 26- Blown away.

Job's final words in the chapter launched my morning musings... Who then can understand the thunder of his power? (14c)

As soon as I read those words my thoughts churned. God is so big so ULTIMATE, who can comprehend the Lord?

Isaiah was correct when he records God's words, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts (Isaiah 55:8-9).

God is so completely other. My mind shifts to the opening words in the Bible, Genesis 1:1: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. In the beginning God created...

The Holy Bible is clear... God is the ultimate being. God is the cause of all that is. God is from eternity to eternity. We humans are created beings. As much as we may strive to know and understand the workings of the universe, we are one with it. We are part of created order. God alone stands apart, above, beyond creation.

While it is good to work to understand God, this is in part why God gave us the Bible. We can never know completely as God knows. Even if we were to perfectly master the entirety of the Bible that is only a sliver of knowledge of and about God. How can anything created contain that which is not created, but always was?

I admit my mind is exploding even as I try to attempt to put words to my thoughts about God. I resonate with Job, Who then can understand the thunder of his power?

I do not despair in my quest to know God. Instead I am heartened because the God of the universe has given me enough so that I can put my faith and trust in Him. And in doing so I become part of His family where I have access to the beyond-everything-God as a son.

Wow, blown away!!! God invites me in to His family. Joy floods my soul. The One I cannot ever fully fathom invites me, mere humble, nothing me, into His family. Like I said, 'Wow blown away!!!

Amazed, I sit in Your lap, my God.  Profound words escape me. To be Yours. I praise You and thank You for inviting me into Your family. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment