Monday, April 9: Galatians 4- Father.

Father… to be able to call God, Father. What a gift. What a blessing. What a joy.

Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." So you are no longer a slave, but God's child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir (6-7).

The invitation to call God Father… "Abba, Father" –Daddy, Father is delightful, intimate, relationship.

Not only are we no longer a slave we have been adopted into God's family. We are God's child. And as a child, God invites us to call Him Father, to call Him Dad/Daddy/Pops, whatever is your affectionate term for Father.

God, our Father, is not merely some theological construct or some grand idea. God seeks to move from construct into relationship. God invites us to know Him even as we are known by Him (check out verse 9).

I savor this thought. How amazing that God, the creator of all there is, would be so interested and invested in me, in you, that He invites us to call Him Father, Daddy, Pops.

As I sit, I am blown away by this. I am marveling at the wonder of this. To be so loved, to be so connected is staggering as I sit with my Lord.

Blessed, amazed, loved, awed, and delighted are only a few of the words that spiral in my thoughts as I ponder the invitation to call God, 'Dad'.

Abba, Father, Dad, I am feeling so cared for right now. You love me. You care for me. You invite me to be Your son. Words are escaping me right now as I try to speak with You and express to You what this means.

Praise be to You, my Father, and my God. Amen and amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment