Thursday, April 19: Job 7- Honesty.

Honesty. The word honesty scrolls across my thoughts as I ponder the chapter I have just read. Job is crying out to God honestly. He is in pain. In agony he cries to God. Like a giant 'WHY' this chapter drips with pathos.

I haven't endured anything like what Job is enduring. Is honesty confined only to pain? Am I as honest with God as Job was?

I am wondering if my conversation and prayers to the Lord are muted compared to Job. I am wondering if I make my prayers more civil or less joyous than what bubbles within me.

God handles Job's cries. God can and would handle my honesty, anyone's honesty.

My thoughts review my prayers… am I honest with the Lord? If not, why not? And since I am not fully honest with the Lord, why not? What is blocking me from baring my soul with the One who knows it already anyway?

I do not know. I am not sure…

God pulls me close… He is beckoning me.

God is beckoning you… to be honest with Him about anything and everything.

Oh, Lord, my God…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment