Tuesday, April 17: Job 5- Standing before God.

We are all imperfect. As Eliphaz' discourse continues he hits a few notes correctly even though his general thrust misses the mark.

But if I were you, I would appeal to God; I would lay my cause before him. He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. He provides rain for the earth; he sends water on the countryside (8-10).

We can always go to the Lord. His door is open. No matter where we have been or what we have done God will meet us there, if we are willing to turn to Him. Jesus' parable of the prodigal son (Luke 15:11) is a case in point. When he came to his senses and turned for home, the father (God in the parable) ran to him with love and open arms.

This is not to say that we will find ourselves justified for our actions before God. God, after all, is just and sin will be punished.

Thanks be to the Lord, He graciously planned a way out from under our sin, belief and acceptance of the once for all sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. Jesus paid the penalty our sins deserved by dying on the cross. And everyone who repents from their way of life and puts their faith and trust in Jesus will find the mercy of God in open arms of acceptance. This is the Good News of the Gospel.

Wow, my thoughts slid a long way from Job… I wouldn't want to make my appeal to the Lord without the covering of Jesus because I would be found guilty! And being found guilty in God's court is a scary thing.

Thanks be to the Lord for Jesus and His sacrifice… In Jesus I have found my Savior and my reconnection with God, the Father.

Oh, God, I do not deserve the mercy You have shown. I do not deserve the ransom Jesus paid for my life. You are so good. I can never repay You for all Your goodness to me. I bow to You and offer You my all. Like the 'little drummer boy' I will give You my heart.

Thank You Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, for loving and saving me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment