Wednesday, April 11: Galatians 6- Spread goodness wherever you are .

As Paul's letter winds down, Paul gives a number of closing injunctions, any of these are worthy of meditation. I chose verse 9-10: Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

If I am honest with myself, sometimes I do weary from doing good. A selfishness wells up in me, sometimes disguised as 'self care'.  Sometimes I'm tired and I just don't want to give myself away to others. Paul's simple word pierces me. I can be so selfish and so 'self minded'.

Paul's simple word pulses within me… don't weary in doing good… as you have opportunity,… do good to all people, especially… believers.

How practical this is… just do good.  Spread goodness wherever you are. Do good for those you know and those whose paths you cross. Imagine a world where all Christ followers lived this way. Our world would truly be a kinder, gentler world.

Lord, continue to remind me of this simple word today. Help me to see people who I can be kind to as I have opportunity. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment