Saturday, March 5: Genesis 48- Blessing family.

Jacob said to Joseph, “God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and there he blessed me and said to me, ‘I am going to make you fruitful and increase your numbers. I will make you a community of peoples, and I will give this land as an everlasting possession to your descendants after you’ (3-4).

I love the fact that Jacob took this final chance to remind his son Joseph of God’s blessing. Jacob is passionate about the Lord and passionate that his family know that. I’m quite sure that they would share his enthusiasm for the Lord.

As a father, one of my deepest desires is that my children love and walk with the Lord. Jacob’s example reminds me of the importance of telling and retell God’s story. I am not yet on my deathbed like Jacob but I still can seize every opportunity presented to me to remind my family how God has blessed and walked with me and I walked with the Lord. Even as I write this I want to shout, BUT do it appropriately. I don’t want to chase them away, but to reinforce my love for the Lord and His absolute faithfulness!

I want my family to know that Jesus is worthy of every adulation and praise that I can give to Him!

Jacob’s example was a great reminder to me to seize every opportunity to keep telling God’s story to those I love…

Lord, give me words, appropriate words, to share Your love and faithfulness with others, including those I know well and love deeply. Lord, I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment