Tuesday, March 29: Exodus 14- A time to act.

Verses 15-16: Then the Lord said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on. Raise your staff and stretch out our hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground.”

As I read this verse, it occurred to me that there is a time to stop praying (crying out to the Lord) and to start acting with the faith we have as be believe the Lord has directed us to act.

Sometimes people can pray themselves into inactivity.

Hmmm, can prayer, misused, be a stall tactic or an action that avoids honest faith action?

I am in no way wondering about normal prayer, because God provides us with an open door to come to Him at any time with any request or problem. But is there a time when God has answered and action is now required, not more prayer.

When I was young, my pastor counseled people when facing a pressing decision and weren’t sure what to do, to set a specific time –maybe a week- to pray about it. Pray fervently, seek counsel from godly friends if that seems right, read scripture and pray, pray, pray. Then when the time you set is up, make the best decision you can, believing that God is directing you.

That seemed like solid advice back then and does to this day. And it seems to generally fit with the situation at hand…

Absolutely prayer is important.  However, there comes a times to end our crying to God so we can step out in faith as God directs…

Lord, thank You that I have 24/7/365 access to You. Thank You that the Holy Spirit lives in me. Thank You that You never leave me or forsake me.  In faith help me, Lord, to LIVE and ACT for You day in and day out, to put my faith and my prayer into action that affects others for good and for You. Through Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment