Monday, October 1: Isaiah 18- Listen for the Lord.

Monday, October 1: Isaiah 18- Listen for the Lord…

Through Isaiah, God is speaking words to all the countries and cultures around His people. God's eyes now turn to Cush. As the word begins to flow God notes how all people naturally see and respond to appropriate signs and signals. All you people of the world, you who live on the earth, when a banner is raised on the mountains, you will see it, and when a trumpet sounds, you will hear it. This is what the LORD says to me:… (3-4a)

This word picture launched my meditations. When a banner is raised on a mountain we see it. When a trumpet blast is sounded people hear it. In today's language, when a police siren sounds we pay attention. This word picture is followed immediately by, This is what the LORD says to me:…

What hit me is that God gets our attention (banner, trumpet, siren) and then speaks…

How often has God tried to get my attention, and I haven't given it? This question plagues me…

Lord God, am I paying attention to You?  Open my ears and maybe more importantly, open my heart to hear You, to pay attention and listen for Your voice. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment