Monday, September 24: Isaiah 12- The things God has done.

In this delightful chapter of praise and joy to the Lord I wondered where I should stop to meditate. It is all so positive, so life-lifting. I read it over and felt a slight nudge toward the last verses, so that is where I landed for my deep meditation.

In that day you will say: "Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing to the LORD, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world. Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you" (4-6).

I started remembering things God has done. About a month ago a ministry I am involved with had a significant fire, destroying its primary facility at its home base. While the fire was not God I could see God's hand in mitigating the loss of life and property. The fire happened just after a few visitors had exited the building to inspect the site of a new prayer chapel being built about 100 yards down the road. Their proximity to the main house meant that the fire was spotted quickly and emergency personnel were on site in about 10 minutes. The building was vacant of people so no human harm happened. And since it is a heavily wooded area, the fire personnel said that had the fire blazed for much longer without notice, the woods could easily have caught fire which could have been catastrophic for the camp and the wooded acreage surrounding the camp. So while the fire was not good, God's hand kept things from being far worse than they were. And we are hopeful that a beautiful and modern structure will rise from the ashes of the old house.

My extended family has had the joy of welcoming a new child into the world... what a joy and gift.

I could go on... to issues of health, and riches of faith. Rather than writing all I simply sat and remembered the many works of God I have witnessed. Just this week I met with a missionary friend who shared stories of conversions and much more in a very difficult land...

God is good and His blessings are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness, O God, my father. I bless You, Lord, along with Isaiah the prophet: In that day you will say: "I will praise you, LORD. ... Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation" (1-2). Through Christ, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment