Wednesday, October 10: Isaiah 26- Praise lightens the load.

My day has been very hectic. Early start, helping at an event. I feel like I was shot out of a canon and I'm still traveling fast. As I sit down I feel like my heart is still racing.

Then I sit for my time with the Lord. I flip open my Bible to my chapter for today and the heading jumps off the page, "A Song of Praise." My heart lightens. I am so glad that the pages of judgments have ended. The joy of praise begins to enter me even before I read verse 1.

I come to verses 3-4 and my heart leaps. I know this is where I will camp after I finish the chapter. You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal (3-4).

Just reading these words causes peace to rain down like a slow, soothing, soaking summer rain. Someone from the event needs help. As I rise to help I can sense that my attitude has shifted. I feel lighter... peace, perfect peace is filling me. And even though people are placing demands on me, internally the burden is different. Peace is finding its' home in my life.

I return and sit down filling my thoughts with verse 3-4 again: You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.

Steadfast: I focus on Jesus... His teachings, His life, His atoning death, His resurrection and ascension, His coronation and return. Jesus, my Lord. Jesus, my Savior.

Steadfast: I focus on God, the Father... His power, His love, love that willingly sacrificed His one and only Son for the world and me. His sovereignty. His seat above everything supreme and Lord over all. God my Father. Abba.

Steadfast: I focus on the Holy Spirit... The counselor, God with us. God who comes along side. God who empowers and leads, guides and gifts. God, the Spirit, who lives in me, yes, He takes up residence in me thanks to faith in Jesus. I am never alone and it is God who is with me!

Steadfast: I focus on the Trinity, one God, three persons. Mystery and awe. My God's ways are higher than I can ever understand. Trinity, three persons of the Godhead in perfect harmony and deepest relationship. This God, my God, is a relational God and God invites me (and you) into relationship with Him. Halleluiah, what joy!

As I stay my mind steadfastly on the Lord, peace continues to blanket me. The slow soothing soaking summer rain of God's peace continues to wash over me.

Thanks be to God.

Praise the Lord, the King of creation. He is my rock and my fortress. In God I find rest and peace and home. Amen and amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment