Tuesday, September 25: Isaiah 13- God's rightful judgment.

The entire chapter is God exercising His right to judge. Babylon judged will fall… men, women, children, all will be struck down.

I don't like to read these chapters. They are so different from Jesus in the New Testament. And yet the New Testament discusses the judgment of God as well. God's judgment is declared throughout the entire Bible.

Judgment is never pretty. It is a topic I would avoid but then it comes up in my Bible reading and I can avoid it no longer. Today is one of the days I must consider judgment.

The Lord will avenge sin. The Lord will punish sin. And if it were not for Jesus and His grace, I would receive God's judgment, and rightfully so.

My life is marred by sin. I deserved God's wrath, punishment and judgment. Only faith in Jesus saves me from my deserved punishment. Only faith in Jesus saves me from the fate of Babylon.

If you are reading this blog, then you should ask yourself, "Do I know Jesus? Have I confessed Him to be Lord and Savior of my life? Am I following Jesus as His disciple?" Only an honest and heart-filled 'yes' can save you from the wrath and punishment of God Almighty.

Think about it…

Oh, Jesus, I surrender to you. You alone are Lord and Savior. I believe in You. I will follow You. I will live with and for You… I pray in Your name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment