Thursday, October 4: Isaiah 21- The final word.

The Lord continues His scan of Israel's neighbors, parceling out His judgments against these nations. The third prophecy in this chapter closes with the words, The LORD, the God of Israel, has spoken (17b).

There it is. The final word, the God of Israel, has spoken.

The Lord doesn't need incantations, or magic or displays of power. All God needs to do is speak and what He says happens. This has been the picture we see of God from the very first words of the Bible. God spoke and creation happened. Now God speaks and judgment happens.

The Lord God, all-powerful, only needs to speak and what He speaks happens.

Absolute power. Absolute authority. Absolute rule. Absolute…

It is difficult for me to fathom absolute. Nothing in my frame of reference is absolute, except the Lord. And it is difficult to truly comprehend a lone exception. To simply be able to speak and create things, that is so far above my frame of understanding.

As I ponder all this I am awed by the greatness of the Lord. And then I am awed that the Absolute Sovereign of the world would be mindful of me, a tiny insignificant speck of humanity.

Humbled. Awed. Blessed. Amazed. Appreciative.

Oh, Lord God, I do not deserve Your lavish love, care, concern and interest. I don't really have words to respond. Joy and wonder roll over me. Appreciation for You and Your kindness well up inside of me. Tears of love fill my eyes. Thank You, Lord. Bless You, Lord.

I pray through Jesus, my Savior. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment