Thursday, October 18: Isaiah 33- I would gum up the works.

I struggled finding a connection with today's chapter reading. I read. I sat. I reviewed. I wondered why I'm not connecting. Is there something in my life that is a block? Is my mind and heart preoccupied with other things so I am not truly present to God? Does God want me to sit and struggle?

I don't really know...

I reviewed the chapter again and was drawn to verses 5-6. There was no lightning bolt, simply a nudge. The LORD is exalted, for he dwells on high; he will fill Zion with his justice and righteousness. He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure.

I pondered a world filled with justice and righteousness. What an amazing world that would be. Then even as I am writing my last line, I realize I would gum up the works because I am not fully just or righteous. God would have to do much work in me to enable me to live in a world filled with God's justice and righteousness. Still how wonderful life in that world would be...

Verse 6 builds and continues closing with a familiar Biblical refrain, the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure. To fear You, Lord, to revere You, Lord, to submit to You, Lord, this is the key to the treasure of life with You.

Teach me to fear You, Lord. Holy Spirit, work in my life developing heathy fear of the Lord. Guide me to a depth of understand, love and fear of You, Lord, to the end that I serve You with humility and verve. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment