Monday, October 8: Isaiah 24- The reality of judgment.

All the judgments of the nations are a prelude to the Lord's final judgment 'in that day.'

See, the LORD is going to lay waste the earth and devastate it; he will ruin its face and scatter its inhabitants—it will be the same for priest as for people, for the master as for his servant, for the mistress as for her servant, for seller as for buyer, for borrower as for lender, for debtor as for creditor. The earth will be completely laid waste and totally plundered. The LORD has spoken this word.  ...  In that day the LORD will punish the powers in the heavens above and the kings on the earth below. (1-3, 21).

There is no running away from it, 'that day' will come when everyone will answer to the Lord. Isaiah graphically portrays that day saying, it will be the same for priest as for people, for the master as for his servant, for the mistress as for her servant, for seller as for buyer, for borrower as for lender, for debtor as for creditor.

By repeating six times a-z analogies it seems as if God is saying, "Folks, this is for certain. Everyone will be judged from small to great, everyone."

Certainly this is what I am hearing as I sit with this word open before me. My judgment is certain. I will be judged. There is no escaping being screened by the eye of the Lord.

And this judgment will not go well. I have broken God's commandments, I have failed His best. I have not lived up to His requirements.

Oh, God, I stand naked before You. You know the truth. I have sinned and fallen short of Your glory. I have broken Your law. I am riddled with and filled with sin! And I deserve every punishment You choose to mete out. The only thing that stands between me and hell is Jesus. Thankfully that is all I need. Jesus is my answer and the answer for everyone who believes.

Thank You, Jesus, for saving my life and my eternity. I will praise You with my whole life.

In Your name, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment