Tuesday, October 9: Isaiah 25- Joys of praise.

What a change of tone... the dire judgments of pages past give rise to the joys of praise.

LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago. ... In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation" (1, 9)

Even in that day God will watch over His people. I was correct, I thought, to praise God yesterday in my prayer. Because those who stand with the Lord will be preserved during the day of the Lord. Jesus will protect us and we will praise the Lord for His wonderful grace, love, forgiveness and cover!

I join Isaiah in praising God and I look forward to the day when I will join with all God's family exalting and praising God –Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit –for the many wonderful things He has done since the creation of time. And I will rejoice that I trusted in Him and not in myself or some other false god.

Halleluiah, what a day that will be! I will see God's majesty in new and more wonderful ways. Praise, praise and more praise to my God for His mighty acts of goodness and grace.

Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment