Saturday, October 13: Isaiah 29- Remember who you are.

A number of years ago, a fledgling ministry, A Journey to the Potter's House, came to my church. Basically, in a 90-minute presentation, Dr. Mike Ferris gave an amazing talk on God while turning a clay pot in our sanctuary.  He taught so much using the image of a potter from Scripture. It was excellent.

As my eyes lit on verse 16, so much of the demonstration/teaching by Mike Ferris came back to me.  Isaiah writes: You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, "You did not make me"? Can the pot say to the potter, "You know nothing"? (16).

This vivid picture is a strong reminder that we are to remember who we are. We are NOT God. We are God's creation. And we (I) have to be so careful not to get things mixed up. I cannot dictate to God. I cannot order God to do the slightest thing. I cannot presume on God to do anything. God is God and I am not and never will be.

I am creature. God alone is Creator.

Jerusalem in her pride started to think she could order God… NO Never!

We listen, God directs. This is the proper order of things and we (I) dare not forget it!

Lord, I submit to You. I will read and study Your Word. I will take it in and make it the blueprint for my life. And, Lord, when I don't or when I fail to live up to Your Word, I will deem myself wrong and You and Your Word correct. I hope and pray that this way I will always remember who I am and that You alone are God. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 

Check out Journey to the Potter's house at: http://www.ajourneytothepottershouse.com/#homepage

 

No comments:

Post a Comment