Tuesday, September 18: Isaiah 7- Man up, God is with you .

Isaiah says in effect to Ahaz, 'Man up, God is with you."

How often that is what God has to say to me...

When I worry about this, that or another thing, God needs to remind me, 'Man up, I am with you.'

When a witnessing situation presents itself and I stumble for words I need to hear, 'Man up, I am with you.'

"I am with you," are power-filled words. The God of heaven and earth, creator of all there is and ever will be, is with me. I recall at one point in Moses' life God said he would bless Moses but would not go with him into the Promised Land. And Moses replied, "I will not go if You will not go with me (see exodus 33:15)". The blessing of God was not enough; Moses knew he needed the presence of God!

To Ahaz God said, "I am with you"...

And we, children of the New Covenant, have the presence of God by the indwelling Holy Spirit with us all the time! What a gift. What a blessing.

"Man up today, Bill (readers add your own name), I am with You. Live like you know that!", says the Lord.

Oh, God, may I live understanding You are with me. May I radiate Your presence and follow Your lead faithfully. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment