Friday, September 27: 2Corinthians 1- Every experience useful.

I often marvel at the ways of the Lord. This summer I met a man from India with an extensive ministry to orphans throughout his country. As I sat and listened to his story I learned he was an orphan. Now he is being used by God to help orphans!

I read about a person stricken with AIDS who runs a ministry to people with AIDS.

I love the way no experience is wasted in God’s economy. Paul writes, Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God (3-4).

We endure difficulty and find God’s peace and presence in the midst of it. Thank You, Lord, for your presence and care… but there may be more. God may be aligning things so that the comfort we receive we can give to others.

I know a cancer survivor, who for years when returning to the hospital for regular checkups, would talk with others who were facing what she faced.

Processing Paul’s comment about the Lord, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God, I am drawn to reflect. I am wondering what comfort and experiences I have had with the Lord that I might offer back to Him by passing along what God gave to me to others. In this way I will live the Scripture and not merely meditate upon it.

Lord, thank You for never leaving or forsaking me. Thank You for my 38+ year journey with You. Thank You for all the things You have brought me through and for all the ways You have shown Yourself to be faithful. I bless You and I praise You…

Lord, I offer my life to You as a living sacrifice (Rom 12:1). Use any and every detail of my life to touch others with Your Love and Comfort and Care and Peace and Redemption. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment