Thursday, September 26: 1Corinthians 16- Be on guard.

Paul closes his letter with a brief word about giving. I find reminders to be faithful in giving helpful. I drift so easily into a ‘take-care-of-me’ lifestyle that significantly reduces my ability and desire to give generously…

It was in the midst of his final personal remarks that I discovered my devotional-nugget for today. Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love (13-14).

Guard, stand firm, be courageous, strong, and love… what tremendous words and thoughts to ponder as I start my day and live throughout the day.

In fact, as I thought about these words, I copied them into an email, which I sent to myself to arrive later today as a reminder to continue to mull them over and over throughout the day.

·         Guard, stand firm, be courageous, strong, and love…

·         Guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus…

·         Stand firm in the Lord as the day continues and the temptations come…

·         Be courageous and strong as I live out my faith openly and boldly…

·         Love others as Jesus Christ loves and as I love to be loved.

My ‘Jesus Following’ to do list for today.

Lord, God, I choose to steep my life in these actions today. For Your Honor and Gory I live this and every day. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment