Thursday, July 18: Romans 8– Wowed by God…

One of the richest most profound chapters in all of Scripture! Romans 8 never ceases to ‘wow me’. All that God does for us in Christ Jesus…
I find myself thinking through this chapter again and again as I sit with the Lord on a glorious morning. The sun is brilliant, particularly so after a few rainy days. The world is silent except for a bird singing outside my screen door. Nature’s beauty is radiant, the canvas of our gardens are filled with brush strokes of every color and hue. God’s presence surrounds me.
I feast on God’s Word. I move through Romans 8 again
I am free from condemnation because of Christ in me. God has declared it so. Condemning words spoken by others or myself against me are drained of their power. There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (1). God ‘wows me’ again.
In all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose (28). In the tragedies of life… God is working for the good of those in Christ. In the pain and suffering and issues that mark our days… God is at work bringing good for those who labor for Him. At any given moment, even when I am drowning in pain, God is working for my good because Jesus is in my life. Another ‘wow’…
Paul crescendos with yet another truth. In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us (37).
Chapter 7 closeswith us unable to do the things we want to do because of the war of sin within us. Now we are more than conquerors! What an image that must have been for the Romans who built arches for their returning conquerors. We who are in Christ are even more than that! Blow me out of the water! WOW!
I can barely move.  The weight of God’s glory engulfs me.
Praying the same for you…
Lord, words fail… I simply have none. Awed by You and all You have done for me, for all who are in Christ, I offer You my silence of awe and honor…

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment