Tuesday, September 17: 1Corinthians 8- Knowledge & love.

Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up (1b). What an interesting statement. I spent time contemplating this and the more I did the more it resonated.

Knowledge does puff up. The more I know, the more I think of my myself and the more I think of myself the more my head swells with ME.

Love on the other hand builds up… it builds others up because it thinks and acts for the betterment of others. Love is supposed to be the hallmark of Christ-followers. We are directed to love neighbors and even enemies. We are to speak truth but to do so in love.

Love is key, because love builds up.

And yet here on this orb called earth, more often than not, a person is measured by his/her knowledge more than his/her love.

Oops, we apparently have this backwards from God’s point of view…

Think about it.

Lord, help me grow in love. That’s a big enough prayer for today, Lord. Help me grow in love. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment