Saturday, July 13: Romans 4– …

Immediately I found myself attracted to the phrase “it was credited to him as righteousness.” I knew that’s where my heart would linger in meditation. A meditation bonus was added as I read the closing verse of the chapter. What a lush field in which to graze on the wonder of God this morning.
What does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness." …
The words "it was credited to him" were written not for him alone, but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness--for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification (3, 23-25).
God credited righteousness to me when I believed… that is an amazing truth. I sat and let its weight press into me. I am credited with righteousness through faith in Jesus. All the good I did trying to earn my way into God’s good graces failed. Time and again I fell short. Time and again I disappointed God, myself, others. It was impossible for me to measure up…
Then God did what I couldn’t… through faith, through surrender to Jesus, not only were my sins forgiven but God credited to me righteousness. To say it another way, God sees me as perfect, as if I have never ever sinned. God sees me as if I were God’s Son Jesus!
Unbelievable… yet true!!!
Before I set myself into my day I took one more gander at this incredible grace-gift from God’s Word. The double blessing of the last sentence prompted me to sit a little longer. Jesus was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.
His death purchased my forgiveness… Thank you Lord God Almighty!
His resurrection gave us justification… right standing before God… our righteous standing before God.
Wow… amazing…

Lord, God, my heart cries, “Thank You, Bless You.” Alleluia!!! Amen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment