Thursday, August 29: Numbers 28– My Life as a please aroma to the Lord…

I found my attention glued to the daily and Sabbath offerings described in this chapter.
Twice a day, in the morning and at twilight, a lamb without defect was offered to the Lord as a burnt offering along with some grain and oil. As a burnt offering fire consumed the entire offering. I don’t know how long a burnt offering would burn, but I would think it would burn for many hours. As the meat cooked and then charred, the aroma would fill the Tabernacle… an aroma pleasing to the Lord (2). I’m thinking that the aroma of the morning burnt offering would fill the Tabernacle until evening when the second offering was made.
Thus, it seems that a pleasing aroma of worship was before the Lord constantly in His Tabernacle.
On the Sabbath 2, additional lambs with grain and oil were offered.
I found myself thinking about the offerings and equating or connecting them to my daily offering of praise and worship to the Lord. First, I connected it with the imagery of Psalm 1, meditating on the law of Lord day and night. Then I contemplated my life as a constant fragrant offering to the Lord, that my life would produce an aroma pleasing to the Lord day and night (check out 2Corinthians 2:14)!
Finally, I thought about the Sabbath as a double offering. Maybe I should double my offering, double my aroma, double my time with the Lord on my Sabbath days?

Lord, may my life be a pleasing aroma to You. May the words I speak, the actions I live, the thoughts I have, be captive to You and thereby be pleasing to You, my Lord and my Redeemer. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment