Tuesday, July 30: Numbers 2– God at the center…

If we took a helicopter ride over the Israelite encampment, we would find the people of Israel forming a huge circle of humanity. Each tribe had its location organized around the compass. The middle of the camp was a large open space, and in the middle of the open space would be the Tabernacle. The Tabernacle was the seat of God among the people of Israel.
Viewed from above the Tabernacle was the hub of the people of Israel!
I pondered that imagery…
·         God being the center of Israel’s life.
·         The worship of God central to the people of God.
·         Every tribe had that same access to God and His presence.
·         No tribe commanded a more important position
And so my ponderings went. But mostly I meditated on God being at the center of the community’s and the tribe’s and the individual’s life.
How do I keep the Lord at the center of my life and my families’ life? Daily set-aside time with the Lord is one highly important key to keeping God central in my personal life. Weekly worship as a family and a community of faith is key for me as a member of a faith community to keep God central to my life and work.
These observations are not new, but today’s time with the Lord reminds me why they are so important…
In worship I sing Jesus be the center, be the source of my life. More than singing, Lord, I have to practice keeping You at the center of my life. Keep me diligent in my daily times with You and my weekly times of worship. And, Lord, may these only represent a life that seeks to keep you at the center 24/7/365/
Through You, Jesus, I pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment