Wednesday, June 26: Hebrews 2– Pay attention to your life…

In this wonderful chapter about the Son, Jesus, becoming human, it was the call to pay attention to my spiritual life that garnered my attention this morning.
Verse 1: We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.
The writer of Hebrews makes is eminently clear that I am responsible for maintaining my spiritual life. Any of us can drift from the Lord if we are not mindful and careful. The church can help me stay focused on Jesus. Brothers and sisters can help me stay focused on God. But ultimately I bear the responsibility to work out my salvation with fear and trembling, as Paul put it (Philippians 2:12).
Of course God is behind us and this cannot be done apart from God’s call, blessing and grace. But, humanly speaking, I must take responsibility for my faith…
Am I growing closer or drifting away? Are you growing closer to Jesus or are you drifting away?
This is God’s devotional question and nugget for me today…
Lord, I ask for space in my day today to sit honestly before You and begin to wrestle with this question. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment