Monday, July 15: Romans 5– That’s me…

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly (6).
As I read this verse, and the whole chapter for that matter, I found myself inserting my name in for the generic humanity that was named throughout. So I read verse 6 as if it read:
You see, at just the right time, when I was still powerless, Christ died for me.
I was powerless to do anything about my sin-filled condition. I was powerless to do anything about my life, which stood opposed to God and deserved nothing more than God’s judgment and wrath. I was an enemy of God and powerless to do anything to affect change! I was in trouble!!!
And yet at just the right time, Christ died for me!
At just the right time a friend share the Gospel with me and I, by faith, became a follower of Jesus. Jesus’ death paid for my sin. Jesus’ death provided the righteousness I needed to stand in God’s presence as redeemed. Jesus’ death opened the door for the Holy Spirit to fill me and be God in me.
This verse is a snapshot of my life… and your life, if you are living in Christ as a follower of Jesus.
Praise God with me… re-read the chapter with your name inserted. The good news is REALLY GOOD!
Thank you, Lord God, for all you have done for me. I pledge my life, my energy, my time, my money, my _______ (fill in the blank) to You who saved me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment