Saturday, July 20: Romans 10– Spreading God’s good news…

Romans continues to inspire and challenge. Here’s what gripped me this morning…
For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" (12-15).
If everyone --Jew and Gentile alike-- who calls on the name of the Lord is saved, then let’s be about calling people. And calling people means people need to be sent out with the Good News of Jesus.
It seems there are two major aspects to the endeavor of spreading the message of Jesus… so stop and ask yourself,
Am I helping spread the Good News to people who do not know?
Am I helping send people to spread the Good News to people who do not know?
Am I?...
Oh, God, keep me in the game. Keep me from becoming so self-focused that I miss Your call to be engaged in the Great Gospel Push. And God help me to be about both aspects… to be a spreader of Your Good News and to use my resources to fund the sending of others to spread Your Good News all around this globe.

Till You take me home to be with You, keep me in the game, spreading, sending,  funding the advance of Your Good News. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment