Wednesday, September 4: Numbers 33– Remembering, remembering our past…

This chapter is a walk down memory lane. Moses records Israel’s journey to freedom.
It occurred to me as I was reading this morning that it is good for us to remember from time to time where we are from and the journey the Lord has taken us to get on to where we are.
Remembering gives perspective. We did not always enjoy the freedom we have found in Christ. We did not always understand the goodness of God Almighty and His providential hand of protection, care and love. It is good to remember where we began so we can appreciate God and where He has brought us.
It is good, from time to time, to recall our journey… the path and places the Lord has taken us. To recall the life lessons we have learned at the hand of the Lord, both positive and negative life lessons. To recall the miracles we have seen. To recall how the Lord has been with us every step of the journey.
It is good to recall the vistas God has opened to us along the journey. As I spend my time with the Lord this morning I am writing from the Atlantic Coast of Liberia. In all my wildest dreams I never would have imagined speaking to Liberian pastors about the Word of God. And yet in less than an hour, I will stand before 150 people teaching for 6 hours…
Recalling also gives courage for the future. God had been with Israel for 40 years in the wilderness and God will be with them as they enter the next part of their journey… battling for the Promised Land!
As I recall my past I gain encouragement that wherever God takes me in the future He will be with me.
It is good for us, from time to time, to recall our past… that we may gain courage for the days to come and the journey the Lord will lead us on…
Lord, thank You for my journey. I bless You and praise You, for the Your goodness to me as I have walked with You these 37+ years. What a wonder You are Lord… I praise You through Jesus, my Lord, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment