Friday, August 16: Numbers 17– Only two options…

In today’s chapter, God adds to the dramatic demonstration of who He is by causing Aaron’s staff to bud, flower and produce almonds in 12 hrs. In so doing, God demonstrates His glory and power, plus He establishes Aaron’s lineage as priests of God.
The people tremble before their great and awesome God. Fear, a holy fear, descends upon the people. They cry out to Moses, "We will die! We are lost, we are all lost! Anyone who even comes near the tabernacle of the LORD will die. Are we all going to die?" (12-13).
By reading a chapter a day we are left hanging.  Will the people die?
We know the answer, since the Bible doesn’t end here. They do not die. But, hopefully, they learned a valuable lesson.
The question for me/you today is did I/you learn the lesson God sought to teach his children? Did I/you learn that there is only one God and it is not me or us! As God, His Word goes. As God, His Word is the rule. As God, He is to be believed and followed, not challenged or ignored!
Do I/we live in obedience or rebellion? They are the only two options when it comes to the Lord…
Think about it…
Lord, obedience or rebellion? Imperfect as my living and obeying might be, I choose obedience. Lead me, guide me, give me understanding of Your eternal word that I might know You and what You have spoken so that I might obey.

Where You have given understanding, may I have the faith to obey. Where I lack understanding, may I gain it that I might not sin against You. May my life be an example for others to follow. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment