Friday, June 28: Hebrews 4– Rest…

As I sit to read, and now write, my life is pretty stressful. I won’t chronicle my life here, but trust me I’m walking under a tough road right now. Probably because of my personal circumstances, the word “rest” flew off the page and into my heart.
3a: Now we who have believed enter that rest, …
9-10: There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his.
Verse 10 was a particular source of comfort and Holy Spirit living water… for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work. Wow, amidst the stress of life I can rest even from the work I must do. I can rest from the necessary work of these days even as God rested from the work of creation!
This word fills me with peace; that I will find rest in Jesus as I follow Him during this valley time…
Lord, my heart sings to You, my God. You are with me in the muck and mire of life. You are with me in the valley of decision and in the storm seas of life. You are with me and You will allow me to enter Your rest, even as life rages about me.
Lord, may I be faithful to You, today and every day. Through Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment