Saturday, August 24: Numbers 24– God’s purposes will not be thwarted…

I remember from the other day that Balaam is an unsavory biblical character. Scripture never commends Balaam.
As I think about Balaam, a person who hires himself out to curse people, he is not the kind of person with whom I would want to do business. And yet God even works through this unsavory, mercenary person to accomplish His will and bless Israel!
God’s will and purposes will not be thwarted. I don’t presume to understand the ways of God, but I sit back in awe as I see God working, orchestrating things to advance His will. The Lord truly is Almighty!
On this eve of worship, I begin to fill my mind with the greatness of the Lord. The Lord’s wonder, and power; His wisdom and mercy; His majesty and sovereignty. I find myself ‘wowed’ by God and meditating on various attributes of God. What a wonderful time with the Lord and what an incredible way to prepare my heart to praise and worship the Lord God Almighty tomorrow with brothers and sisters in worship!

Lord, thank You for this brief glimpse of who You are and this blessed reminder that You truly are Almighty! Alleluia. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment