Monday, September 2: Numbers 31– A difficult lesson…

These are hard chapters to read, God rending judgment on an entire people. I struggle with chapters like this and I suspect most people struggle with chapters like this, too.
I sit early in the morning. I find myself contemplating the judgment of God. God was seeking vengeance on Midian for their seduction of Israel away from the Lord at Peor.
Even though I do not like this kind of a message, God is reminding me that He will have His day of vengeance over those who do not believe and particularly those who try to seduce people away from the truth.
Today’s reading is not a pretty sight.  God’s final day of vengeance and judgment will not be pretty either.
I find myself thanking God for the faith in Jesus I have and praying for those who do not yet believe. I pray that their eyes will be opened and they will come to know the truth of God’s love, mercy and grace…

Oh, Lord, may it be so. May Your glory cover the earth as water covers the seas. May my life be a living testimony to Your love, faithfulness and grace. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment