Friday, July 19: Romans 9– Faith…

The key that unlocks connection with God Almighty is faith, not works but faith. And this is true for anyone and everyone. Listen to how Paul draws today’s reading to its conclusion.
What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works (30-32).
For Jew or Gentile the answer is ‘faith’. And Paul has explained previously that this is not generic faith, or faith in faith. No, it is faith in Jesus Christ, who through His atoning death on the cross forgives, redeems, restores and reconnects us with God, the Father Almighty.
Faith --trust in, belief in-- Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
Do you have faith in Jesus?
Lord, God, ‘I believe. Help me with my unbelief’ called out the man in Mark 9:24. Lord, what a profound and simple prayer. I, too, cry out, ‘ I believe, help me with my unbelief.’ Help me with those areas of my life where I struggle to believe and follow. Help me with those areas of my life where sin still has its grip on me.

This I pray in and through Jesus, my Lord and Savior and God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment